Wednesday, November 21, 2012

There's always room for pie

We like pie here at the Basso house. Maggie has never ever wanted a birthday cake, but has always had birthday pie, candles and all. We picked a day in July and call it Pie Day and we make a bunch of pies then eat them. Pie Day. It's a good thing.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving an we are having PIE. We will start out our meal with some traditional fare, turkey and what-not, and we will end the meal with plenty of pie. All anyone has to do is ask for it and that type of pie will be made. I am thankful for many things in life, but today at the top of my list is the fact that my kids enjoy helping to bake pies.




Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy your friends and family. Do me a favor and choose to NOT shop on Thanksgiving and if you can help it, stay home on Black Friday. That is my gift to you...permission to skip out on the X-mas frenzy and prepare your home for a Christmas to remember. I don't want to get all rant-y and negative, so I'll spare you the preachy post I had previously written. (oooh....illiteration) Instead, I will wish you a happy Thanksgiving and let's prepare our hearts and homes for a solemn Christmas season.


Peace!

1 comment:

  1. You should list the pies you are going to make, because they sound AWESOME!!!!! I'm so envious! And you are going straight to heaven for inventing PIE DAY! What an awesome thing to invent.

    The happiest of Thanksgivings to you and yours. Someday we'll spend one together!

    ReplyDelete