Friday, February 1, 2013

What I think happened this week

I have a few blog posts sitting in the drafts folder. After a long week of being sick, I tried to read through them to edit, and darned if I couldn't make it through a single one! If I don't feel like reading them, you sure as heck won't! So, instead, I'm going to post a little recap.

Things that happened this week.

*Since we were ill, after dropping the recovered kids back at school, Mike and I lay still in our bed, taking Ibuprofen, drinking NyQuil, sipping tea, contemplating the profundity of life....and watching Netflix. Lots and lots of Netflix.

*I woke each morning and roused sleeping children, fed them pop tarts, drove them to school and then went back to bed. I don't remember doing these things very well, but clearly I did them. It reminds me of those times when I was younger, driving home from parties and....oh, never mind.

*I started to play a game on Facebook called Candy Crush Saga. It required no skill, no interaction with others, had pretty, shiny candy coated shapes to visually stimulate me and made me feel like I was accomplishing something. I apologize to everyone who had to suffer through the endless notifications alerting the world to the fact that I was creating those crazy candy combos and crushing those sugar coated bombs with striped jelly beans. It's almost as bad as Spotify ratting you out for listening to Justin Bieber.

*I fed the children. They had a meal each night that I prepared for them. The meals weren't always square and some forms of frozen fare were most definitely consumed. But they ate, dang it. I would like to thank the Tyson geniuses who created dinosaur shaped nuggets.

*The kids bickered. I know this virus left me feeling pretty darned grumpy and I guess the kids weren't immune to the grump. They bickered about anything and everything and aside from our occasional correcting lectures, they pretty much heard nothing from us. I just didn't have the wherewithal.

*I read a couple of books. I may have to re-read them now that the green haze has worn off. Green being the color of NyQuil.

*I started some laundry. I folded a couple of loads, the kids folded some and put it away and some is still clean in baskets. I did no housework. I doled out the kitchen chores to anyone recovered enough to eat food. It was done well enough for a sick house.

That's about it. It wasn't an exciting week, but kind of eerie now that I am on the other side of it and recalling all of the things I did in a sort of sick stupor. Like a distant, foggy memory. How was YOUR week?

2 comments:

  1. You forgot about that really cool thing you did on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Nyquil is genius. That's all I can say. It sounds like you handled everything great--much better than I would have. your house was run better sick than mine ever would have been not sick. I become moody and withdrawn and don't want to interact with anyone, ever, when I am sick. The fact that you could marshal your faculties enough to run a house is amazing.

    I hope you saw some great films on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete