Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Burnin' down the house

Shit just got real...

Honestly, this is how I feel today. I have pledged to go through each room of the house and focus on it exclusively. Time to declutter and deep clean. You know what that means, right? The rest of the house goes straight to hell while you are focusing on the one area. I shouldn't complain, though. So I won't!

Today is mud room day. I would take before/after pictures like a good blogger should (?) but I have too much pride for you to see the "before" shots! Just think "Fibber McGee's closet". Closets. There are two. If you have to google "Fibber McGee", then you didn't grow up in a house where your mom called your bedroom "Fibber McGee's closet". Me and messy rooms and closets go WAY back!

Fourty-seven isn't too old to change, is it?

2 comments:

  1. No, it's not too old to change. I've found that sitting around with a glass of wine, drawing up a "battle plan" works well, too.

    Never heard of Fibber McGee. I will have to Google it!

    Good luck. You need The Force, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment, woman! I need the force and then some!!!

    Change is hard, but not impossible. I will probably struggle with this until the day I die...or my kids all move out. Whichever comes first!

    ReplyDelete